Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hope

So I've been thinking about this word HOPE and what it may or may not mean to our young adults getting ready to make their way into the working / college world.  

There are so many ways you can think about what this means.  The greek definition of HOPE means "expectation of what is sure (certain)".

With that said how many teens out there are uncertain or hopeless?  Not having any HOPE for the future or even tomorrow.  

A pastor the other day talked about taking risks and how after failures we quit taking risks because we're afraid of another failure.  How true that is for more than just teens.  How we've become so afraid of the loss that we stop focusing on the success or the "effort" we put forth on trying to move our lives forward.

We get so focused on looking in the rear view mirror that we forget that the front windshield is so much bigger than that mirror.  The rear view mirror was intended to see behind us not what lies in front of us

Philippians 3:12-14  I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made.  But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me.  Friends, don't get me wrong; by no means do I count myself and expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward - to Jesus.
I'm off and running and I'm not turning (looking) back

Can we offer some young adult a little HOPE today.  It's takes nothing but your time.  It's a free gift if you would just give it.

A point to ponder on my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment