Sunday, March 24, 2013

Evil Forebodings

As I sit here and ponder on what I write next I stare out my window over the dark gloomy lake and think about the fierce wicked storms that come into our lives as young adults. How often do we let the storms just pick us up and take us away thrashing us every which way but up. 

"Evil foreboding" defined as a sense of impending evil or misfortune, an evil omen or a strong inner feeling of a future misfortune...

If we could only see the light or the future that God has for us so we could look up and pray for hope to be delivered out of the storms and into the life that God has intended for each and everyone of us. 

We often say as adults to our kids, if I knew what I know now and I was your age...  How many times have we heard our parents or our grandparents say this to us. It's so hard as young adults struggling with problems to begin "Believing" and to put their complete trust in God. If we as parents, grandparents, friends or mentors can just take the opportunity to share with a young struggling adult that there is HOPE and all you have to do is ASK our God to show you the way out, to deliver you from your storm, then we would have the opportunity to have changed one life. If we could all just change the life of one young adult in our lifetime, think of how many lives could be changed. Their future storms can be changed if we just give them the opportunity by teaching them to BELIEVE AND PRAY FOR HOPE. If we sit back and continue to do "nothing" then "nothing" changes. 

Jeremiah 29:11
I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for. Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will answer you. You will seek me, and you will find me because you will seek me with all your heart.

A thought to ponder on my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment