Sunday, March 9, 2014

40 Days of Lent

The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? (Psalms 118:6 NLT)

This word "fear"... It's in all of our lives but think about the young adult that has no one to ask how to conquer this. Think about if each of us had one young adult to mentor about conquering this word that plagues so many of us. What a change we could make.

As I make this journey for the next two weeks, every thought I think has something to do with conquering this word. Because "fear" has so many different meanings, it's easy to see how someone wouldn't think they have this in their life.

I've been blessed with the facts that every where I seem to turn, every opening of some positive inspirational email and every pintrest picture I see has some underlying hope that makes me overcome this word. It takes effort and mind changing thoughts. Joyce Meyer says that YOUR MIND IS A BATTLEFIELD.  In her book she often states that it's a choice to let satan in. Do you let your mind get filled with FEAR, WORRY, ANXIETY, HATE, UNFORGIVENESS, or do we conquer it with LOVE, PATIENCE, SELF CONTROL, GENTLENESS AND FORGIVENESS. If we continue to have "fear" knock at our door then we let the enemy in...

If a package showed up and you had a choice to open one that was addressed to worry, hate & fear or one that was addressed to Love, Peace & Patience, which one would you open?

That my friend is something to be taught to a struggling young adult. Share this with someone today and see if you can change a life for our Savior this Lent season

A point to ponder on my friends...




No comments:

Post a Comment